We have been working with City Legacy – the consortium of Mactaggart & Mickel, Cruden Homes, CCG and the Malcolm Group which designed and constructed the Athletes’ Village – since 2009. It has been an incredible journey, seeing this enormous site transformed into the fantastic community that it is today and working with the sales and marketing team to achieve incredible sales.
We have been involved in every aspect of communications activity for this iconic project – media relations, social media, event organisation, consumer relations, speech writing, award submissions, community engagement and public affairs. You name it, we’ve done it!
- Over 1000 pieces of media coverage in national, regional, local, trade, broadcast and online media.
- Innovative use of social media and regular blogging has driven a huge number of visitors to the City Legacy website.
- An informed and engaged local community – many local residents went on to buy a home at the Village.
- The first sales launch weekend attracted a staggering 800 people.
- The target for house sales was 90 homes sold by December 2015. This has been hugely exceeded – current sales (February 2016) stand at a massive 296 homes.
- Entered and won 25 national awards for The Village, including a Queen’s Award for Enterprise, Homes for Scotland, Scottish Property Awards and the prestigious RICS and RIAS awards.
What our clients say
“Perceptive Communicators has worked on the Athletes’ Village since 2009 and their involvement has played a major role in the huge success of the project. They really get under the skin of a company to deliver the most phenomenal results.
From securing a constant stream of national and international media coverage worth over £1.5m, to writing over 20 award-winning submissions, to providing a weekly blog post that attracts more visitors than any other part of our website, to achieving 2,000 registrations of interest for homes and 800 people attending our sales launch on opening weekend through PR activity alone, to organising major events with both the Prime Minister and First Minister – these are just some of their many achievements. It’s no mean feat for an agency to be retained year after year on such a large project and this talented and creative agency are consistently at the top of their game.”
Joanne Casey, Director, Mactaggart & Mickel and City Legacy